Groggy? 10 Ways to Be More Energetic in the Morning
Stepping out of bed early in the morning proves to be a feat that many people have yet to conquer. For many of us, it is unavoidable because of work, school, taking care of the kids, etc. If you are not a morning person, there are some steps you have to take in order to make the best of this issue.
- Go To Bed Early the Night Before– Some people need more sleep than others, but it is vital that you get a good nights rest in order to be fully functional the next morning. This is a no brainer!
- Eat A Healthy Breakfast– Breakfast is the most important meal because it helps you prepare for the day’s activities and stabilizes blood sugar. It is best to eat a light meal vs a heavy, greasy meal in the morning, which can make you feel as drowsy as you did when you skipped breakfast all together.
- Do Some Light Exercises– Stretching, deep breathing, and light cardio will wake you up and get you energized and ready for the day’s work.
- Drink Green Tea or Water– Green tea has plenty of antioxidants to help fight infections and free radicals. Water helps to lubricate your system to keep it from dehydration. These options are much healthier than drinking coffee and energy drinks which contain caffeine and lots of sugar.
- Meditate– Meditation calms the spirit and activates the brain. Do this in a quiet place with no distractions for at least 10 to 15 minutes a day.
- Avoid Heavy Meals– If you ate a heavy meal prior to sleeping, it forces your body to use that energy to digest food. It is best not to eat heavy after 6 p.m.
- Lay Of the Alcohol- Consuming lots of alcohol the night before may be one reason why it is difficult to get up in the morning. Can we say “hangover?”
- Create A Sleep Schedule– Sometimes adults need a sleep schedule just like children. When we have disruptions in our sleep cycles, that can cause irritability. You can train your body to be awake at a set time minus the grogginess!
- Turn Off All Lights- and save on electricity!
- Get Some Fresh Air– sunlight provides the necessary vitamin D that is vital to your health. Go outside, breathe deeply, and bask in the sun for at least 10 minutes a day.
Share this post, choose your Platform!